Cybage placement - Aptitude Test, Technical Interview and HR Interview

  • On  Cybage visited our campus. At 9.30am, we assembled at A1 placement Hall. The criterion for sitting for the recruitment procedure was 60% aggregate with no ATKTs allowed.

    Almost 150 students from 3 colleges- MIT, MAE and MITCOE were sitting for the placements. The HR persons from Cybage came at around 9.30am and they gave only 2 line description of the company and directly started with aptitude test.
    The recruitment procedure was as follows:
    1. Aptitude test
    2. Technical Interview
    3. HR Interview


    Aptitude Test


    The aptitude test consisted of 25 questions. The duration of the test was 30 minutes. Every question had negative marking. For each wrong answer 0.50 marks were negated. I had solved only 15 questions. The aptitude test was followed by an essay of 10 minutes. After this they collected our answer sheets and HR people from Cybage gave the presentation. In between this time they checked our answer sheets and declared the result at 1pm. Total 50 students were shortlisted from aptitude test. My name was in that list.

    Aptitude test was followed by 2 interviews technical interview and HR interview.


    Technical Interview



    Me: May I come in sir?
    Cybage Interviewer: Yes. (He asked me for my resume)
    Cybage Interviewer: Please describe yourself.
    Me: My name is Jyoti Nagargoje. I am currently studying in MITCOE. I am in my final year of the course Electronics and telecommunication. I like reading.
    Cybage Interviewer: What is your project?
    Me: Advanced air bag system.
    Cybage Interviewer: can you explain that?
    Me: During accident there is sudden change in pressure and acceleration. Our device detects this change and triggers an airbag. So that everyone is protected during impact.
    Cybage Interviewer: Which is your favourite subject?
    Me: Computer network
    Cybage Interviewer: Can you tell me the full form of IP in IP address?
    Me: Internet Protocol
    Cybage Interviewer: Which version are we currently using in IP address?
    Me: Sir, we are using the IPv4 version.
    Cybage Interviewer: What is your strength and weakness?
    Me: My strength is logical thinking, hardworking, teamplayer.
    Cybage Interviewer: and weakness?
    Me: Sir, basically I am from marathi medium so little bit week in communicating in English.
    Cybage Interviewer: You should not be like that. You should be proud that you are from marathi medium.
    Me: (I just smiled at him. I think he liked my honesty)
    Cybage Interviewer: can you solve one puzzle?
    Me: yes sir.
    Cybage Interviewer: if I give you 8 balls in which 1 ball is having less weight. How can you detect this less weight ball in two passes. You have weighing machine.
    Me: (After some time)I will divide this balls into 2 parts……….
    (that was not right answer)
    Cybage Interviewer: Can you give any presentation?
    Me: Yes sir, surely.
    Cybage Interviewer: (pointing towards one table fan)Can you give me the presentation of this fan?
    Me: (stood up at place)Good afternoon everybody. My name is Jyoti Nagargoje. Today i am going to present you the fan. It is very useful as it has fine adjustment with its length. We can also control its speed by pressing this knob. And all these features we are getting at reasonable price.
    Cybage Interviewer: Good. Do you want to ask anything?
    Me: When can we expect joining?
    Cybage Interviewer: We have requirement immediately. So, once placed, you will have to join from 12th July, 2010. Any other questions?
    Me: No sir. Thank you.
    Cybage Interviewer: Ok. Thank you. It was nice talking to you.


    HR Interview



    Students who had cleared the technical round had been invited for HR interview.

    Cybage Interviewer: One cake has to be cut into 8 equal pieces by only 3 cuts. How can you do this?
    Me: First of all, cut the cake into 4 pieces by normal horizontal and vertical cuts. Then cut the cake through its layer exactly in between. This will give exactly 8 identical pieces of the cake.
    Cybage Interviewer: You have written in resume that you had participated in GCE. What is your contribution in that?
    Me: Sir, I had worked as volunteer in that event. My job was to work as a volunteer in the registration committee. We had to receive the guests and complete their registration. I sat at the desk and wrote the details of the guests. One of my colleagues collected the money.

    After this initial round of HR interview, they called 4 students among us for further HR interview. It was like group discussion only. We were given the topic-"women are better manager than men".

    Everyone answered positively. I mean no one said that men are better managers.
    Me: Yes. I agree. Women have better management skills than men.
    Fortunately our HR was woman.

    Then next point came out of our discussion is "Are married women better managers than unmarried women?"
    My friends said "Yes. Married women are better managers than unmarried women. They have an overall sense of management"
    Me: I disagree with my friends. It is not necessary that you have be married to be a better manager. Unmarried women can also be very good managers. It depends on the skill and training provided to the woman.

    Then she asked everyone to tell about the manager's skills.

    Me: Time management is very important for a manager.
    She said this is one of the most crucial skill of a manager. A manager must manage his time allocation very wisely. Very good point Jyoti.

    In this way we had ended our group discussion and waited for result. After some time they called some 22 names in which I was there. That was the happiest day in my whole engineering life.

chitika

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Donate

If this site is helpful to you,

Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.